Expert Tips on Building and Maintaining Your OnLine Reputation
We're sorry if you couldn't make it to our terrific 11/13/2018 Fall Dinner Meeting and Program which was chock full of excellent tips and advice. Here are some highlights from each presenter.
Yelp - Damien Smith
97% of consumers read on line reviews and 53% expect a response
- Claim Your Business - it's free and you're in charge of the content
- Upload Photos - you'll get 12x more leads
- Personalize the page with information about the owner, employees, special features of your business, seasonal items, photos, etc.
- Respond to Reviews - thank people, ignore rants, respond to police criticism, do not hesitate to apologize
HubSpot - Jonathan Greenburg
- Build out your online profile to gain visibility
- After initial interaction at car wash, extend your reach with inbound (permission based contact) rather than outbound (interruptions that were not requested)
- 4 Steps to Inbound Marketing
- Attract (Market yourself ex. building your Yelp brand, educate, create content)
- Convert (provide a call to action to which they need to respond)
- Close (make it easy to buy, deliver value)
- Delight (Personalize, deliver the unexpected, offer special programs)
Kure Creative - Chris Baker
- Provide high quality content beyond posting a page
- Use good quality photos with captions
- Personalize by reporting unique customer experiences
- Personalize by featuring Employee spotlights are very popular since they personalize
- Engage your followers by creating a need for them to respond and interact, which creates relationships
- Reward those who respond more often
- Use video to impress and answer questions
- Maximize your visibility by using SEO (search engine optimization). Index your site to appropriate categories by search terms.
- If you don't have time to do any of this, and your staff is maxed, consider employing an intern.
- Use your logo as the building block of your brand.